6.10.2012

I heart summer break!


So I survived a few days without Josiah...ok, I LOVED a few days without Josiah. He is totally my favorite little man and I love his energy, enthusiasm, and non-stop inquisitive mind, but having a few days to myself allowed me to do some of the things that just aren't possible when he's here. Jim and I went for dinner on the patio at Ushers without having to get a sitter, think about how he was doing, or rush home. It was so wonderful to have a date! I was able to run errands TWICE! Again, without rushing or consideration for any kind of schedule. I can't remember the last time I did that! Finally, I cleaned out and organized our kitchen cupboards and the garage. Woot woot!!! I'm pretty sure that neither of those have been accomplished since Josiah was born, and having two of the spaces in our house that are used most often and store the most "treasure" back into a temporary state of order makes life just seem to function again. Oh, and did I mention that I got to blare my Friends reruns, stay up way too late, and then sleep in since no one came crawling into my bed in the wee hours of the morning? 

We have so many fun things coming up in the next few weeks too that I can hardly stand it! 3 different trips in 3 weeks time!!! We get to spend a weekend + a week at the lake and head to the cities for at least a week too. After visiting the MN Zoo, several parks in the cities (including the one formerly known as Chutes & Ladders), seeing cousins & grandparents, and spending so much time at the lake Josiah is going to think Fargo is awfully boring. Hopefully he'll be ready for some down time at home. After so much excitement (and packing and unpacking) I'm going to be ready to just settle in and enjoy my too few weeks at home. Oh how I love warm weather, all day with Josiah, and getting to do things that the school year doesn't permit! 

I HEART SUMMER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment