9.22.2012

Girl's Weekend!

So after a disastrous week and a half of Jim being gone, I managed to make it through the rest of the week and have had a glorious weekend so far! My friend Lori hosted a craft weekend, so I spent my Friday night was spent catching up with friends and attempting to start my first blurb book. Lori was working on quilts for her new baby, and I am SO inspired to start a quilt for Josiah. I have wanted to learn to quilt since 4-H in high school, and since he moved into his big boy bed I've wanted to start one. After feeling the softest minky ever and looking at her super easy pattern, I think I might be ready to take the plunge! Now I just need to find the perfect fabric...

On to today...caught up with my next door neighbor Jess, who I lived by for probably 13 years and now haven't seen in 13 years. So fun to see her!!!! Then I wandered through the Junk Market, Scheels, and the mall for a few hours. Ahhh, the joy of shopping alone...I managed to find not 1, not 2, but 3 pairs of shoes! Two of them are replacing pairs that I've worn regularly for the past 5+ years, so I don't feel bad about those...the sandals may have been a bit of a splurge though. Tonight we met up with our friends Andy and Becca and their two adorable children for a spontaneous trip to the playground at Longfellow and Happy Joes for dinner. Fall weather is just so gorgeous!!!

All fun and no school for the first weekend since I went back to work. I remember now why it's so important to balance life with fun...I could work forever on schoolwork and organizing stuff and always feel behind and overwhelmed. Taking some time for myself needs to go back on my list of important things to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment