12.07.2012

Merry Christmas to Me!!!

I usually don't post about "getting stuff," but this week two things have arrived that I've been awaiting for a VERY long time and I'm just so unbelievably excited!!!

#1 --- My very own sewing machine!!! I have been secretly wanting my own machine for years...every so often I borrow my mom's to do some little project or mend something, and I've been very jealous of all the sewing my sister has done since staying home with her daughter. This fall I spontaneously began a sewing a quilt for Josiah thanks to the help of my wonderful friend and colleague Lori and her machine, and I decided it was time! Here it is!!!


Now...what should I sew first??? A book holder for the van, the minky baby blanket with my leftover quilt fabric, gifts for all my expectant friends, pillows for Josiah, floor pillows for my classroom...Pinterest here I come!!!

#2 --- Ever since I got my MacBook Pro (best computer EVER, if any of you are wondering) last winter I have been eyeing the computer bags from Ju Ju Be. For those of you who know me well you know that I have obsessions with bags in general, but especially with my Ju Ju Be diaper bag (ok, true confession...bags). Even though I love how grown up Josiah is, I secretly miss it...but it's a little ridiculous to carry a diaper bag along for a four year old little boy. Well, when I was searching for the perfect bag to haul my MacBook around in, which I just had to find, I discovered that Ju Ju Be made laptop bags. Oh happy day!!! Shortly after I discovered this, they appeared on the Steal Network (www.babysteals.com) but in the wrong pattern. I have been waiting for 11 months, but they finally reappeared on Monday. Look what was waiting for me when I arrived home after one busy week! I CANNOT wait to carry Ju Ju Be with me every day! Yessssssssssssssss! They really are that great!!!!!


So who wants to start a monthly crafty moms club!? I would love to open my house up for a Friday night / Saturday in January for anyone who would like to come over and sew, scrapbook, be crafty, digital scrapbook...kids could play in the living room and moms can set up wherever. I love to both spend time with friends and work on projects, but unfortunately I'm so stinking task oriented (and totally Type A) that unless I schedule it in I neglect both. Let me know if you'd like to join me and we'll figure out a weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment