9.10.2014

I heart fall!

Oh my goodness, we suddenly lost our brief summer weather, and oh my goodness does it feel like fall. This may go totally against the "norm" of teacher perspective, but fall is absolutely my favorite season. Here's a glimpse of why...

Top 10 Reasons I Love Fall (in no particular order)

  1. Crisp air and turning leaves
  2. Wearing jeans, hooded sweatshirts, boots, and my favorite Ugg slippers
  3. Apple trees & picking (haven't enjoyed this since my grandparents moved from their home 7 years ago, but luckily the home my parents just purchased here in town has one...YEAH for Josiah getting to begin the tradition of fall picking and applesauce making!)
  4. Jim's annual fishing tournament on Long Lake and a weekend with our dear friends in Park Rapids
  5. Making homemade pizza sauce and Jim's mom's freezer spaghetti
  6. Prepping tons of veggies to stock the freezer from our CSA (WAY more fun with my new Food Saver)
  7. The last few lawn mowings of the season
  8. Snuggling under lots of blankets with my boys
  9. Weaning out the yard work in favor of more inside hobbies (photobooking and sewing)
  10. Lots of walks, soccer games, and time outside savoring the last weeks of non-frigid temps
Ahhh, yes...now off to snuggle with that quilt and attempt for the umpteenth time to establish a nightly reading time before bed. Might be time to splurge invest in a new cozy chair for our bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment